Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring an Exchange plugin backup

2009-06-26 09:23:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring an Exchange plugin backup
From: Berend Dekens <berend AT cyberwizzard DOT nl>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:35:45 +0200
Op 06/26/09 03:17, James Harper schreef:
>> Another update: I found out that the database is in fact in a "Dirty
>> Shutdown" state (eseutil.exe told me that) - hence it won't work
> (mount).
>> I found a discussion about this here:
>>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg30912.
> html
>> But it seems like there was no solution for the problem. Am I right to
>> conclude that the database is in fact copied while active and as such
> in
>> the dirt state? Shouldn't the plugin handle this?
>>

> How urgent is it to get this fixed?
>
> As far as I can tell you are doing everything right... I'll look up
> those error messages.
>
> James
I disabled the ntbackup schedule to make sure I got a 'clean' full
backup and the result is the same. I have no log files because of the
full backup but the edb is in the Dirty Shutdown state again. How can
this happen?

And its not insanely urgent but I was hoping to migrate the whole system
using a Bacula backup next week - or does that qualify as urgent? :)

Berend