Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Tape Devices

2009-06-03 10:15:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Tape Devices
From: "Reynier Perez Mira" <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:08:41 -0400
Hi John:

> > I have one server connected to a SAN in which I get installed and
> configured Bacula. Here is the Director and all others components except
> Catalog which run in another PostgreSQL DB Server. Now I have another Server
> (Win 2003 R2 for now) connected to a PowerVault 122T Tape Drive. I want to
> use this too for make Automatic Backups to tapes with Bacula. It's possible
> to do this? I mean if I have the Director in one server and the Tape Drive
> connected to other Server? Any guide or tip in how to do this?
> >

> Yes, I have my main tape library on a different machine than the
> director. The database is also not on the director machine. I have
> used this configuration for years with bacula. I can not help you with
> windows storage daemons however because all of my storage is on linux
> machines and I also do not have any windows servers.

Thx for your fast reply. Those servers have Windows 2003 for now as I said
before but I want to install Linux on both. For now I only need to know how to
setup Bacula for work with this external Tape Drives. I mean for example: what
I'm need? A Director on those Tape Devices? A client? Just let me know how you
have configured and I'll try to setup over Windows Enviroment and then publish
in somewhere in the Wiki.

Cheers and thanks again
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira