Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Tape Devices

2009-06-02 10:31:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Tape Devices
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:40:01 -0400
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
wrote:
> Hi every:
> I have one server connected to a SAN in which I get installed and configured
> Bacula. Here is the Director and all others components except Catalog which
> run in another PostgreSQL DB Server. Now I have another Server (Win 2003 R2
> for now) connected to a PowerVault 122T Tape Drive. I want to use this too
> for make Automatic Backups to tapes with Bacula. It's possible to do this? I
> mean if I have the Director in one server and the Tape Drive connected to
> other Server? Any guide or tip in how to do this?

Yes, I have my main tape library on a different machine than the
director. The database is also not on the director machine. I have
used this configuration for years with bacula. I can not help you with
windows storage daemons however because all of my storage is on linux
machines and I also do not have any windows servers.

John