Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] support for tape library sun sl24 or sun sl48

2009-05-19 08:50:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] support for tape library sun sl24 or sun sl48
From: Uwe Bartels <uwe.bartels AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:15:28 +0200
ok. Thanks. That sounds great.

Uwe

2009/5/19 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Uwe Bartels <uwe.bartels AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> thank you.
> Sorry to ask again. Do you know if I have to do the programming for the tape
> library? Or is that functionality already in the bacula software. basicly in
> the feature list this seems to me included in the fuctionality, but i heard
> from someone else who checked bacula, that there is a lot of programming to
> do.

You may have to modify your mtx-changer shell script however the
modification would be less than 5 lines and mostly to convert the mtx
output to a form bacula understands. Usually no modification is
needed, however some i/e ports or mailslots use a different naming
scheme than bacula expects so the change is usually using sed to
filter output.

Other than that there is no programming needed for users. You do have
to configure things though. I mean if you want concurrency you do have
to edit a text file to specify that..

John