Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Looking for client removal documentation

2009-05-18 11:09:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Looking for client removal documentation
From: Frank Altpeter <frank.altpeter AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:05:05 +0200
Hi list...

there once was an email about how to safely and completely remove a
client from a bacula server. Since there were no responses, and since
this was almost the only one I've found for this topic, I'm asking
here if someone has a good pointer for it.

Well, the problem is, bacula is quite perfect in doing periodic
backups on many clients. But, as I've seen so far, there is no single
pointer on how to remove a client completely. I mean, just removing
the client definition in the bacula config files doesn't help. The
catalog database is full of references to this client, and the jobs,
the files, etc. are not removed by auto-pruning if the client is
deleted. So, I once tried to just disable a client for some weeks,
hoping that the autopruning would do the job of cleaning the database,
but it doesn't seem to be very helpful.

Any pointer on how to really completely remove a client would be very
appreciated ...

--
Le deagh dhùraghd,

        Frank Altpeter

There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
    -- Buddha