Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PV-124T autochanger configuration

2009-05-15 23:04:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PV-124T autochanger configuration
From: "(private) HKS" <hks.private AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 22:57:58 -0400
2009/5/15 Daniel Hertanu <dart AT unixmob DOT com>:
> Hi
> I was wondering if someone using a Dell PV-124T tape library can paste the
> Autochanger and Device resources from bacula-sd.conf file here.
> Btape tests run fine, including the autochanger, but in Bacula I'm not able
> to make the autochanger work. The tape will refuse to be loaded and message
> returned is that /dev/nst0 is not an autochanger. I used the same
> configuration I used once for an Overland and an HP_something tape
> libraries, but the PV-124T doesn't work. Thank you.
> Daniel

This configuration is a bit specific to OpenBSD (esp. the mtx-changer
script which has been heavily modified), but hopefully it'll help.

----
bacula-sd.conf:
----
AutoChanger {
  Name = 124T-Autochanger
  Device = 124T-Drive
  Changer Device = /dev/ch0
  Changer Command = "/usr/local/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = 124T-Drive
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = 124T
  Archive Device = /dev/nrst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
  Maximum Open Wait = 300
  Maximum Changer Wait = 300

  Hardware End of Medium = No
  Fast Forward Space File = No
  BSF at EOM = yes

  Spool Directory = /bacula/backups/sd-spool/
}

----
bacula-dir.conf:
----