Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PV-124T autochanger configuration

2009-05-15 18:16:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PV-124T autochanger configuration
From: Anders Trobäck <public AT troback DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 00:11:24 +0200
Den Fri, 15 May 2009 17:15:14 -0400
skrev Daniel Hertanu <dart AT unixmob DOT com>:

> Hi
> I was wondering if someone using a Dell PV-124T tape library can
> paste the Autochanger and Device resources from bacula-sd.conf file
> here.
>
> Btape tests run fine, including the autochanger, but in Bacula I'm
> not able to make the autochanger work. The tape will refuse to be
> loaded and message returned is that /dev/nst0 is not an autochanger.
> I used the same configuration I used once for an Overland and an
> HP_something tape libraries, but the PV-124T doesn't work. Thank you.
>
> Daniel

This is for a PV-122T but I think it is very similar:

Autochanger {
  Name = PV-122T
  Device = PV-122T-1, PV-122T-2
  Changer Command = "/usr/local/bacula/etc/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg4
}

Device {
  Name = PV-122T-1
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
}

Device {
  Name = PV-122T-2
  Drive Index = 1
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
}

Note that the changer are on /dev/sgX and not on /dev/nstX!

Hope that helps!

\\anders

believed to be clean.