Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] preserving ownership of restored files

2009-05-13 22:41:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] preserving ownership of restored files
From: David Newman <dnewman AT networktest DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:57:43 -0700
A server crashed here after an upgrade/reboot. Much mayhem and sleep
deprivation ensued. Ugh.

Bacula came through with most of the files needed, but restored
everything as root:wheel. This was from running bconsole, running
restore, picking the Job IDs, and selecting files.

The UID/GIDs did not exist on the new system at the time of the restore,
but they do now. In this case I needed the files first so I'd know what
UIDs/GIDs to use on the new system.

How to preserve ownership/groups during a restore?

thanks

dn

bacula-server-3.0.0 on FreeBSD 7.2
bacula-client-2.2.8p0 on OpenBSD 4.4