Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Configuration syntax problem

2009-05-12 09:17:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Configuration syntax problem
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:14:25 -0400
> It may default to 20 *there*, but that seems to be overridden by what's
> set in the Storage resource in bacula-dir.conf, and if *that's* omitted,
> it apparently defaults to 1.

There is an independent setting in the Storage resource in
bacula-dir.conf for the that as well. The same goes for the Client.

> I could not get concurrent jobs to work
> until I explicitly inserted an additional "Max Concurrent Jobs = 20"
> directive there as well.  Thus, to all practical purposes, if there is
> no Max Concurrent Jobs directive in the Storage resource in
> bacula-dir.conf, then the Max Concurrent Jobs directive in the Storage
> resource in bacula-sd.conf is ignored.

In theory a second director can communicate with the storage so the
settings for the bacula-sd.conf are independent. Same goes for the
client.

> The omitted directive in
> bacula-dir.conf is defaulting to 1 and overriding the directive in
> bacula-sd.conf.
>
> This may not be how it is documented to work, it may not be how it is
> intended to work, but on Solaris 10 at least, this is how it's working.

This is how it is documented to work in the manual.

John