Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring Director & Storage on different nodes

2009-05-06 13:13:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring Director & Storage on different nodes
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: Amitsingh Pardesi <amitpardesi AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 13:08:32 -0400
Amitsingh Pardesi wrote:

>  > Please post any errors you get. Also did you remember to remove
>  > 127.0.0.1 and localhost from all of your configuration files and
>  > replace this with the external ip addresses ?
>  >
> Which configuration files are you talking about? None of my bacula
> related conf file has localhost or 127.0.0.1 ip address.

Debian (and debian derived distros, such as Ubuntu) have a habit of shipping
default config files that only bind the daemons to the loopback device.  If
you're not using one of the distributions, or don't have any references to
127.0.0.1 in any of your config files, don't worry about it.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken