Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Does "Duplicate Jobs" interact with backup level?

2009-04-30 02:49:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Does "Duplicate Jobs" interact with backup level?
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:44:39 +0300
On Tuesday 28 April 2009 22:52:12 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> 28.04.2009 19:05, Heinz Ulrich Stille wrote:
> > On Monday April 27 2009 21:44:48 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> >> No simple one... the previously posted solution with a script to check
> >> the list of running jobs should work, though.
> >
> > Of course, but I don't want to poke through the inner workings of the
> > scheduler myself. It's especially unsatisfactory since the functionality
> > is /almost/ there.
> > Oh well, time to brush up on my Python ...
>
> Or search the list archives for the script I mentioned... I forgot
> when it was posted and by whom, but I'm pretty sure it was complete...
> perhaps someone else can point you to the right mail.
>
> Otherwise, this should not be too bad... a few lines of bash script
> around awk should be sufficient.

I guess you're talking about my script :)

I've enhanced the script since posting its prototype first, so I'll attach it
again. The script has served me well half a year now on many Bacula servers.

About using it: just add this into every JobDefs:
"Run Before Job = "/usr/local/etc/bacula/sh/check-job.sh '%n' '%i'"

--
Silver