Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Does "Duplicate Jobs" interact with backup level?

2009-04-27 13:27:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Does "Duplicate Jobs" interact with backup level?
From: Heinz Ulrich Stille <hus AT design-d DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:04:32 +0200
Hi!

What I want is somewhat like the description for the new "Allow
Duplicate Jobs" functionality, but not quite:
I'd like an upcoming Full (or Differential) backup to cancel all
queued jobs of lower level (Differential and Incremental or
Incremental). E.g. if my current tape from "daily" pool is
full and the monthly backup kicks in before I get around to
insert the next one.
But lower levels mustn't cancel higher ones, like the next
daily (incremental) backup a pending monthly (full) one, if that's
still waiting for it's tape.

As far as I can see, the duplicate control only uses priorities, which
I can't set from the schedule's run directive? Can I achive this in
another way?

MfG, Ulrich

--
Heinz Ulrich Stille / Tel.: +49-541-9400473 / Fax: +49-541-9400450
design_d gmbh / Natruper Str. 15 / 49076 Osnabrück / www.design-d.de