Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows

2009-04-03 16:55:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:48:19 -0400
> I think I need to understand it better. If I interpret it correctly then a
> file set including a junction will cause the actual data to be backed-up.
> But what happens if the data has to be restored? Will the actual data be
> restored together with the junction?

I do not believe the junction will be restored so this will be
missing. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I guess this is very
easy to test. I mean create a junction point, backup then delete the
junction point and restore and see what happens.

This tool will allow you to create junction points on any system of
Win2K or greater.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

John