Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows

2009-04-03 04:35:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:30:19 +0200
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:57:32 +0200, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>

wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Kevin Keane <subscription AT kkeane DOT com>
>
> wrote:
>> This actually is correct behavior. If you look carefully, you will see
>> that these two directories are actually not directories at all, but
>> rather junction points that simply reference other directories somewhere
>> else. Windows junction points are like a cross between Linux symlinks
>> and Linux mounts.
>>
> I would like to add to the OP that these should be ignored as they are
> harmless.

They belong to .net 2.0 and can be included explicitly. If you don't, I
would expect .net to break in some mysterious way, although it might break
anyway if Bacula cannot restore junction points (can it?). At least I
include them to be sure. You'll get warnings about them anyway if you
include the whole partition, but that can be ignored.

I guess if the restore doesn't work properly, you can always reinstall
..net (+ hotfixes/service packs) to fix it, though that's not ideal.
Thankfully I didn't run into this so far.