Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows

2009-04-02 11:32:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] phantom filesystems in Windows
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:27:39 -0700
This actually is correct behavior. If you look carefully, you will see
that these two directories are actually not directories at all, but
rather junction points that simply reference other directories somewhere
else. Windows junction points are like a cross between Linux symlinks
and Linux mounts.

w.braun AT seg DOT de wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Since several weeks we have a problem on a Windows terminal server. Bacula
> reports on two directories, namely
> c:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a
> and
> c:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/IEExecRemote/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a,
> that each of them "is a different filesystem. Will not descend from c:/
> into [...]".
>
> We assumed a filesystem problem, so I set up a file system check for next
> reboot--but after that, the warnings still occur. So, maybe someone of you
> knows from where Bacula can get such information which it  misinterprets
> in this way.
>
> With kind regards,
> Wolfgang

Kevin Keane
Owner
The NetTech
Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.