Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] StorEdge C2 autochanger not working

2009-04-03 12:12:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] StorEdge C2 autochanger not working
From: b5b5b5b5 <b5b5b5b5 AT centrum DOT sk>
To: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:02:56 +0200
I removed the status for all other slots because they are identical to
the 16th one.
Here you have it:
{
Storage Changer /dev/sg3:1 Drives, 16 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Unknown Storage Element Loaded)
      Storage Element 1:Full
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Full
      Storage Element 4:Full
      Storage Element 5:Full
      Storage Element 6:Full
      Storage Element 7:Full
      Storage Element 8:Full
      Storage Element 9:Full
      Storage Element 10:Full
      Storage Element 11:Full
      Storage Element 12:Full
      Storage Element 13:Full
      Storage Element 14:Full
      Storage Element 15:Full
      Storage Element 16:Full
}

But it's just as you've said, they are full - with tapes inside of course.
And they were inserted inside before the OS was installed.
Anyway, if they are in, or not, i don't know if that's a reason for what
you've said:
        (The autochanger has certainly lost track of which slot the tape in the
drive came from, and that could be the reason.)

> Has someone used the front panel or the web interface to load the drive
> directly from from the mailslot?
No, nothing like that.

> I would eject the tape in the drive using the panel or web interface, and
> then try to get it to work (i.e. move tapes around) using the panel/web.
Hm, i can try that, but at monday, as the tape device is placed in the
company.

> BTW, if you need a manual for the C2, I could send you a PDF.
Well, and is there in the manual of the C2 something helpful for this
"case"?

thx for the reply
Daniel