Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] StorEdge C2 autochanger not working

2009-04-03 11:14:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] StorEdge C2 autochanger not working
From: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:09:14 +0100
b5b5b5b5 wrote:
> I have a problem running an AUTOCHANGER as a part of backup system.
> After running the 'mtx -f /dev/sg3 status' i get this result:
>       Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Unknown Storage Element Loaded)
>       Storage Element 16:Full

It's difficult to tell from this output (since you removed the status for
all but one slot), but it could be that all the slots are full *and* there
is a tape in the drive. The autochanger has certainly lost track of which
slot the tape in the drive came from, and that could be the reason.

Has someone used the front panel or the web interface to load the drive
directly from from the mailslot?

I would eject the tape in the drive using the panel or web interface, and
then try to get it to work (i.e. move tapes around) using the panel/web.

Then try the same thing using mtx.

Then test it with btape.

Then (and only then) try a backup.

BTW, if you need a manual for the C2, I could send you a PDF.

Allan