Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance

2009-01-09 09:22:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance
From: "Sergio Belkin" <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:20:05 -0200
2009/1/8 Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>:

> Alan Brown wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
>>
>>> Most backup software leaves the responsibility for planning more in the
>>> sysadmin's hands. If the software is just writing data to the tape until
>>> it hits the end of tape and then asking for another, hardware
>>> compression is a logical choice.
>>>

>> Part of the preference for no hardware compression in Amanda and other
>> packages is that a lot of them assume fixed tape sizes, so the only
>> thing that hardware compression gets you is less time to write to that
>> maximum.
>>
>> ie: Program assumes tape is 33Gb. When 33Gb is reached the program
>> demands the tape be changed, even if the tape is only physically half
>> used thanks to hardware compression
>>
>> Most of these types of programs have an all-or-nothing approach to
>> restores. This is not exactly the bacula model.
>>
>> Even with hardware compression switched off, spooling is likely required
>> to prevent shoeshining of modern tape drives. Spooling hardware MUST be
>> fast enough to keep up. Switching on hardware compression increases those
>> requirements but the budgetary increase is minor.
>

> Most of your batch of replies were on the mark. This one is at least in
> part incorrect and confusing.
>
>  From the linux man page for amanda.conf:
>
> "Once the backups start, Amanda will continue to write to a tape until
> it gets an error, regardless of what value is entered for [tape] length"
>
> In other words the length entered in the tapetype definition is only
> used for planning and scheduling. The "error" will normally be the end
> of tape "error", which allows for a variable amount of data actually
> being written to the tape, which would include allowing for variable
> hardware compression results.
>
> Also, I have no idea what you mean by "all or nothing restores". That's
> just wrong.
>

> --
> ---------------
>
> Chris Hoogendyk
>
> -
>   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
>  c/ /'_ --- Biology & Geology Departments
>  (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - University of Massachusetts, Amherst
>
> <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
>
> ---------------
>
> Erdös 4

> It is the best place to buy or sell services for
> just about anything Open Source.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB

Hi  I really appreciate the discussion about advantages and
disadvantages of compression. But please bear in mind that I am not
using compression *in anyway*. So please could you help me to solve
this problem. Below I let you config files (a bit shortened and
changed in obvious parts like Password), JOb report and info from mt
and tapeinfo:

Some Clarifications: DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72, is the
Director and Storage Server That Has Dat 72 ;)

Bulldog, Clark are bacula clients

StorageServerThasHasLTO3: Storage Server Thas Has LTO3 ;)

Job Report:

08-Jan 16:40 DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-dir-dir JobId 1975:
Bacula DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-dir-dir 2.4.2 (26Jul08):
08-Jan-2009 16:40:04
  Build OS:               i686-redhat-linux-gnu redhat
  JobId:                  1975
  Job:                    ProbandoLTO3otherclient.2009-01-08_15.37.08
  Backup Level:           Full (upgraded from Differential)
  Client:                 "sinclair-fd" 2.4.3 (10Oct08)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,redhat,
  FileSet:                "dumpProbandoLTO3otherclient" 2009-01-07 10:40:19
  Pool:                   "ProbandoLTO3otherclient" (From Job resource)
  Storage:                "LTO3" (From Job resource)
  Scheduled time:         08-Jan-2009 15:37:02
  Start time:             08-Jan-2009 15:37:07
  End time:               08-Jan-2009 16:40:04
  Elapsed time:           1 hour 2 mins 57 secs
  FD Files Written:       490,018
  SD Files Written:       490,018
  FD Bytes Written:       11,616,880,555 (11.61 GB)
  SD Bytes Written:       11,678,187,032 (11.67 GB)
  Rate:                   3075.7 KB/s
  Software Compression:   None
  VSS:                    no
  Storage Encryption:     no
  Volume name(s):         TestWithSpoolingBig1
  Volume Session Id:      1
  Volume Session Time:    1231436187
  Last Volume Bytes:      11,703,250,944 (11.70 GB)
 Non-fatal FD errors:    2
  SD Errors:              0
  FD termination status:  OK
  SD termination status:  OK
  Termination:            Backup OK -- with warnings

(Warnings are not a problem, are due files not found)

Config files from DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72:

bacula-dir.conf

Director {
  Name          = DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-dir
  DIRport       = 9101  # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile     = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
  PidDirectory  = "/etc/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password----
  Messages      = Daemon
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupDogoTape001"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = dogo-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpDogo"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolSabado
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupDogo001.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupDogoTape002"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = dogo-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpDogo"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolMartes
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupDogo002.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupDogoTape003"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = dogo-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpDogo"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolJueves
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupDogo003.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupAcadTape004"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = acad-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpAcad"
  Schedule = "Miercoles"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolAcadM
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupAcad004.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupAcadTape005"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = acad-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpAcad"
  Schedule = "Viernes"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolAcadV
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupAcad005.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupTexasTape001"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = texas-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpTexas"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolSabado
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupTexas001.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupTexasTape002"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = texas-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpTexas"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePoolMartes
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupTexas002.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape1-1"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail001"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolSabadoLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes # Agregador por Sergio: Bacula allows you to specify
that you want the Storage daemon to initially write your data to disk
and then subsequently to tape
  #Maximum Spool Size = 3000000000
  #Spool Directory = /var/spool/bacula
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape11.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape1-2"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail002"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolSabadoLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes # Agregador por Sergio: Bacula allows you to specify
that you want the Storage daemon to initially write your data to disk
and then subsequently to tape
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape12.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape1-3"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail003"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolSabadoLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes # Agregador por Sergio: Bacula allows you to specify
that you want the Storage daemon to initially write your data to disk
and then subsequently to tape
Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape13.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}
Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape1-4"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail004"
  Schedule = "Sabado"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolSabadoLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape14.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape2-1"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail001"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolMartesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape21.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape2-2"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail002"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolMartesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape22.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape2-3"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail003"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolMartesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape23.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}
Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape2-4"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail004"
  Schedule = "Martes"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolMartesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape24.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape3-1"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail001"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolJuevesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape31.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape3-2"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail002"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolJuevesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape32.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape3-3"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail003"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolJuevesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape33.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}
Job {
  Name     = "SinclairMailTape3-4"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail004"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = TapePoolJuevesLTO3
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupSinclairTape34.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "BackupNewton"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = newton-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpNewton"
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Pool     = TapePool
  Messages = Standard
  Write Bootstrap = "c:\bacula\working\BackupNewton.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "ProbandoLTO3otherclient"
  Type     = Backup
  Level    = Differential
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpProbandoLTO3otherclient"
  Schedule = "Jueves"
  Storage  = LTO3
  Pool     = ProbandoLTO3otherclient
  Messages = Standard
  SpoolData = yes
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/BackupProbandoLTO3otherclient001.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreAcad"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = acad-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpAcad"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreDogo"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = dogo-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpDogo"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = DAT72i
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreSinclairMail001"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail001"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = LTO3
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreSinclairMail002"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail002"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = LTO3
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreSinclairMail003"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail003"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = LTO3
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Job {
  Name     = "RestoreSinclairMail004"
  Type     = Restore
  Client   = sinclair-fd
  FileSet  = "dumpSinclairMail004"
  Pool     = TapePool
  Storage  = LTO3
  Messages = Standard
  Where    = /extra/backup/restore
}

Schedule {
  Name = "Martes"
  Run = Differential tue at 3:00
}

Schedule {
  Name = "Jueves"
  Run = Differential thu at 3:00
}

Schedule {
  Name = "Sabado"
  Run = Differential sat at 3:00
}

Schedule {
  Name = "Miercoles"
  Run = Differential wed at 3:00
}

Schedule {
  Name = "Viernes"
  Run = Differential fri at 3:00
}

FileSet {
  Name = "dumpDogo"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP9
    }
    File = /root
    File = /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5
 #   File = /var/bacula/
    File = /packs/
    File = /var/log
    File = /extra/backup/crypt
  }
}

FileSet {
  Name = "dumpAcad"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP9
    }
    File = /var/log/
    File = /var/www/html
    File = /var/lib/mysql
    File = /extramail/backup/crypt
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /extra/www/html/virtual/claroline*
  }
}

FileSet {
  Name = "dumpMaxwell"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
     # compression = GZIP9
    }
    File = /var/named
    File = /var/log
    File = /backup/crypt  # tiene el /etc, y otros
    File = /backup/mysqlbasicdata
    File = /usr/sbin/UpFilter
  }
}

FileSet {
  Name = "dumpTexas"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP9
    }
    File = /var/log
        File = /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
    File = /var/named
    File = /extra/www
    File = /extra/data.FormDB
    File = /extra/backup/crypt

  }
}
FileSet {
  Name = "dumpSinclairMail001"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /extramail/cyrus
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[g-z]*
  }
}
FileSet {
  Name = "dumpSinclairMail002"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /extramail/cyrus/
  }
Exclude {
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[a-f]*
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[n-z]*
  }
}
FileSet{
  Name = "dumpSinclairMail003"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
            }
    File = /extramail/cyrus/
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[a-m]*
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[t-z]*
  }
}
FileSet {
  Name = "dumpSinclairMail004"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
 #     compression = GZIP9
            }
    File = /extramail/cyrus
    File = /extramail/mqueue
    File = /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/
    File = /var/lib/imap/
    File = /etc/scanup2.cfg
    File = /etc/scanup2.regex.cfg
    File = /usr/sbin/UpFilter
    File = /etc/init.d/UpFilter
    File = /etc/init.d/sendmail
    File = /etc/mail

  }
  Exclude {
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[a-s]*
  }
}

FileSet {
  Name = "dumpProbandoLTO3otherclient"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
  #    compression = GZIP9
    }
    File = /extramail/cyrus
    File = /extramail/mqueue
    File = /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/
    File = /var/lib/imap/
    File = /etc/mail
    File = /etc/scanup2.*
    File = /usr/sbin/UpFilter
    File = /etc/init.d/Upfilter
    File = /etc/init.d/sendmail
        }
 Exclude {
    File = /extramail/cyrus/[g-z]*
  }

 }

Pool {
  Name = HDPool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 2 days           # one year
 # Accept Any Volume = yes             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolSabado
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolSabadoLTO3
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}
Pool {
  Name = TapePoolMartes
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolMartesLTO3
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolJueves
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  #Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolJuevesLTO3
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  #Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = ProbandoLTO3otherclient
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  #Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Pool {
  Name = TapePoolAcadM
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
 # Accept Any Volume = no             # write on any volume in the pool
}

Client {
  Name = acad-fd
  Address = acad
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password----
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = dogo-fd
  Address = dogo
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password----
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = sinclair-fd
  Address = sinclair
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password----
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = texas-fd
  Address = texas
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password----
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = probandolto3-fd
  Address = install.wrpowpeowpeopwe.edu
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password----
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Storage {
  Name = DAT72i
  Address = DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72                # N.B.
Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password----
  Device = DAT72i                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
  Media Type = DAT72i                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon

}

Storage {
  Name = LTO3
  Address = install.wrpowpeowpeopwe.edu                # N.B. Use a
fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password----
  Device = LTO3                      # must be same as Device in Storage daemon
  Media Type = LTO3                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon

}

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbname = bacula; DB Address = localhost; user = bacula; password =
"sunguTRULE"
}

Messages {
  Name = Daemon
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s
\"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
  mail = root AT wrpowpeowpeopwe DOT edu = all, !skipped
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/bacula/working/log" = all, !skipped
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s
\"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\"
-s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = root AT wrpowpeowpeopwe DOT edu = all, !skipped
  operator = root AT wrpowpeowpeopwe DOT edu = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/bacula/working/log" = all, !skipped
}

Console {
  Name = DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-mon
  Password----
  CommandACL = status, .status
}

Storage Server Thas Has LTO3 config files:

bacula-sd.conf

  Name = StorageServerThasHasLTO3-sd
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

}

Director {
  Name = DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-dir-dir
  Password----
}

Director {
  Name = DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72-dir-mon
  Password----
  Monitor = yes
}

Device {
  Name = LTO3
  Media Type = LTO3
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  Maximum Spool Size = 4gb
Maximum Job Spool Size = 3gb
  Spool Directory = /var/spool/bacula
  Maximum Network Buffer Size =  10240
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = StorageServerThasHasLTO3-dir = all
}

mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x44 (no translation).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Product Type: Disk Drive