Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 performance

2009-01-02 14:43:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 performance
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Sergio Belkin" <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:41:35 -0500
> I have an IBM Type 8765-1UXD LTO3, is working but not at its best performance.
> As wikipedia its Max Speed (MB/s) should be Max Speed 80 MB/s and the
> actual is about 10 Mb/s.

Is this over a network? If so is the network Gbit? Are you talking
about an incremental backup or full? Is your database on the same disk
as the source? Do you have spooling enabled?

> Could be some miscofiguration of bacula? What can I twak? I tried not
> using compression but not was improved.

Compression? You mean hardware or software (GZIP in bacula)? Never use
bacula software compression with a modern tape drive. The tape drive
will handle hardware compression many times as fast as your cpu can.

John