Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] messages configuration

2009-01-03 15:30:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] messages configuration
From: Thomas <thomas AT ic3s DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 21:28:20 +0100
the keywords warnig, error, fatal, ... only describe the message level the
persons get,
but why is the content different?

if i get a fatal message because of i get "all" messages
why i get more content/information in the mail than all-other-admins?
(they get the fatal message because of they get messages with level "fatal")

if i change all-other to level "all"
they will get all messages, including: backup of xxxx ok .....
thats not really what i want.

Dan Langille schrieb:
> Thomas wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> i have this messages configuration
>>
>> Messages {
>>   Name = Standard
>>   mailcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s
>> \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
>>   operatorcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s
>> \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
>>   mail = thomas AT ic3s DOT de = all
>>   mail = all-other-admins AT ic3s DOT de = warning, error, fatal, terminate
>
> I have not read the documentation recently, but the above line tells me:
> send any "warning, error, fatal, terminate" messages to
> all-other-admins AT ic3s DOT de which is exactly what it is doing.
>
> NOTE: message != email.
>
>>   operator = all-admins AT ic3s DOT de = mount
>>   console = all, !skipped, !saved
>>   catalog = all
>>   append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all #, !skipped
>> }
>>
>> after the catalog backup i run an admin job which rsyncs and than
>> deletes the catalog backup.
>> due to a (self made) problem this evening the admin job fails.
>>
>> bacula sends two emails, one for me (thomas AT ic3s DOT de):
>>
>>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: BeforeJob: run command
>>> "/etc/bacula/scripts/sync_and_delete_catalog_backup"
>>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: BeforeJob: rsync: link_stat
>>> "/home/bacula/bacula.sql" failed: No such file or directory (2)

--