Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] messages configuration

2009-01-03 14:41:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] messages configuration
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Thomas <thomas AT ic3s DOT de>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:38:15 -0500
Thomas wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i have this messages configuration
>
> Messages {
>   Name = Standard
>   mailcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s \"Bacula:
> %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
>   operatorcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\" -s
> \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
>   mail = thomas AT ic3s DOT de = all
>   mail = all-other-admins AT ic3s DOT de = warning, error, fatal, terminate

I have not read the documentation recently, but the above line tells me:
send any "warning, error, fatal, terminate" messages to
all-other-admins AT ic3s DOT de which is exactly what it is doing.

NOTE: message != email.

>   operator = all-admins AT ic3s DOT de = mount
>   console = all, !skipped, !saved
>   catalog = all
>   append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all #, !skipped
> }
>
> after the catalog backup i run an admin job which rsyncs and than deletes the
> catalog backup.
> due to a (self made) problem this evening the admin job fails.
>
> bacula sends two emails, one for me (thomas AT ic3s DOT de):
>
>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: BeforeJob: run command
>> "/etc/bacula/scripts/sync_and_delete_catalog_backup"
>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: BeforeJob: rsync: link_stat
>> "/home/bacula/bacula.sql" failed: No such file or directory (2)
>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: BeforeJob: rsync error: some files
>> could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(977) [sender=2.6.9]
>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned
>> non-zero status=23. ERR=Child exited with code 23
>
> but all-other-admins get only this line in the mail
>
>> 03-Jan 18:09 backup-dir JobId 60458: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned
>> non-zero status=23. ERR=Child exited with code 23
>

> why sends "warning, error, fatal, terminate" only the last line?

See above. If you want all the messages included in the email, add ALL.

> i see the whole problem in the mail, my team mates have to look at the backup
> job log to see the real failure.
> can i change behaviour this by changing the configuration?

You have not stated it, but I *think* want you want to have happen is an
email sent to all-other-admins AT ic3s DOT de ONLY if the email contains a
"warning, error, fatal, terminate" message.

Check the docs, I don't know how to do this myself.  But if the code
cannot do this, I suggest procmail may be of help.