Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] jobs getting canceled. again.

2008-05-29 06:00:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] jobs getting canceled. again.
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Blake Dunlap <blake AT ISDN DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:58:59 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 28 May 2008, Blake Dunlap wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what that would gain you, as the device is
> still limited by concurrency at the dir, unless you are talking about a
> completely different resource completely (I wasn't aware you could do
> that)?

You can limit concurrency on a per-device basis and then use one device
strictly for restores - even if that device is a drive in an autochanger.

This can be done with one bacula-sd or several bacula-sds if you use a
physically separate unit for restores - but I'd use the former setup
unless there was a good reason not to.