Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula tls

2008-05-24 10:00:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula tls
From: "Bachman Kharazmi" <bahkha AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 16:00:29 +0200
2008/5/24 Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>:

>> -Last question is about restore:
>> restore -> '5' shows these available clients.
>> Defined Clients:
>>     1: backup-fd
>>     2: mybackup-fd
>>
>> But when I grep through /etc/bacula/ for 'backup-fd' I can't find any
>> matches. I've configured 'mybackup-fd' in my configs, both dir and fd
>> configs.
>> Any ideas from where it picks the first listed client above?
>>

> I have no such client... Must be something you toyed with when you studied
> bacula.
>
> Try and run dbcheck. It should remove extra clients from database.
yep, you are right, that was a old entry in the Clients table.
I used mysql_drop_tables and mysql_create_table to wipe.

And the reason of high fd cpu load still remains even if tls is
disabled so then it's the GZIP option that I had forgotten that I did
add lately. With a compression rate of 57.5 % I should be happy even
if I only got a transfer rate of 1987.3 KB/s backing up on the
localhost.
It would still be interesting to know if it's possible to transfer
encrypted from some FDs and no transfer encryption from others.
/B