Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula and slow queries

2008-05-24 11:15:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula and slow queries
From: "junior carvalho" <junior.listas AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:15:44 -0300
hi all,
Im using bacula 1.38 for make backup of 2 servers that has almost the same setup, the only difference is the number o files.
One server have +/- 400.000 files, and the second have +/- 1.200.000 files. The size of data is almost the same too: 460GB. I have add lots of indexes for mysql, i used optimize table but the second server spends +/- 4 hours to show the list of files when is want to restore something ( restore command with only one jobid ), against 5 mins for the first server. I know that the base for the second server has a lot of lines more than the first, but my question is "how can i do this job more faster??" because this twos server are good machines, and during this time ( query to mysql ) the machine has just 25% of processor used. I already try buffer_size , ram used for mysl, put the base ( mysql base ) is a single disk, in a raid5 disk, nut none o this solve my problem. Can anyone help-me?
JC