Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup Plan

2008-05-24 01:01:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup Plan
From: "Robin Bonin" <rbonin AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:01:01 -0500
I read an article last week, where someone documented his backup plan
using bacula.
I tried to find the article again, but I couldn't find it.

>>From what I remember reading,

He makes a full backup one a month, that expire after 6 Months.
He makes a Differential backup once a week that expires after a month
And He makes a incremental backup daily, expiring after 2 weeks or so.

this would allow him to restore to any of the last 6 months, the last
4 weeks, or any day in the last week.

I understand the concepts of incremental vs differential, but from
what I understand at least when using ntbackup on windows,
If I have a full backup, and make an incremental backup, then a
differential backup, the differential backup will not have the data in
the incremental backup.(because of ntbackup looking at the archive
flag, and the incremental backup clears the flag). So it seems his
senerio wouldn't work. Does bacula work in a different way so a plan
like this could work?