Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole curses problems

2008-05-23 11:49:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole curses problems
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:48:11 +0100
> On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:47:32 +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > Right.  Some people call the cleanup "GNU Readline" :-)
>
> Ok, fine. Given that "configure --disable-conio" does fix the problems
> I reported (I just verified that), I have the following suggestion:
>
> 1. make --disable-conio the default
>
> 2. build the RPMs with --disable-conio
>
> To whom would I best address these requests? Should I open a bug in
> the bugzilla?

You could try, but I think you'll meet resistance from Kern.

Bacula doesn't even officially support readline, because it was a common
source of compilation problems in the past due to incompatible versions.

E.g. see

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.general/24799/focus=24809
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.general/9381/focus=9431

__Martin