Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] status sd, status dir - unbelievable slow

2008-05-16 05:26:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] status sd, status dir - unbelievable slow
From: "Mantas M." <mantasmlist AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:25:31 +0300
Hello all,

running bacula dir 1.38.11, database is stored on mysql 5.0.32

whenever I run "status dir" or "status sd" in bconsole, it halts trying
to list Scheduled jobs (for status dir), or Jobs, waiting to reserve a
drive (for status sd).

I can see, that during that time mysqld is using almost all the
resources on the system. After considerable amount of time it lists
"scheduled jobs", or "jobs waiting to..." one by one, but theres
obviously an issue with performance. Since the machine im using is a
rather new dell server, i suspect that there's a problem in my configs.

I have a hdd based backup, with separate pools for each client, and no
volume recycling whatsoever. Volumes expire after 60 days, Autoprune is
on. Since the "File" table in the bacula database is almost 6 GB in
length, i presume this is somehow related to the performance problem im
having, altough im not quite sure how this table is related to, e.g.
Scheduled jobs?

Each volume has a label format of
"${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}-ClientName"

Looking forward to hear any suggestions, what might be case here.

Many Thanks,

Mantas M.