Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] cannot access tape device

2008-05-19 12:50:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] cannot access tape device
From: Randy Schultz <schulra AT earlham DOT edu>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 19 May 2008, Kurt Dethier spaketh thusly:

-}>
-}> This is also the only instance that shows up in the install log:
-}> root dude ? egrep bconsole /tmp/bacula-server.install
-}> config.status: creating scripts/bconsole
-}> config.status: creating src/console/bconsole.conf
-}> /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel -m 0754 bconsole
-}> /usr/local/share/bacula/bconsole
-}>
-}> So where's the bin?
-}>
-}
-}Hi Randy,
-}The bin is in /usr/local/sbin/bconsole, it is installed by the
-}bacula-client port.

Ah.  I only installed the server(and a coupla other ports san the client).
Didn't think I needed the client on the actual backup server.  Tnx heaps and
loads Kurt!

--
 Randy    (schulra AT earlham DOT edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Love with your heart, think with your head;  not the other way around.