Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] PowerVault 124T LTO-3-060

2008-05-15 04:15:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] PowerVault 124T LTO-3-060
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:07:29 +0200
Hi,

14.05.2008 23:20, Chip Warden wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a brand new Dell PV-124T Autochanger with
> LTO-3 tapes. Bacula's configuration files are commented very well and
> I'm reasonably certain that I've got the device configured properly as
> it passes btape test including the autochanger test. However, when I
> run any job, I get the following:
>
> 14-May 15:25 bluejay-sd: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0"
> command.
> 14-May 15:25 bluejay-sd: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result:
> nothing loaded.
> 14-May 15:25 bluejay-sd: Invalid slot=0 defined, cannot autoload Volume.
> 14-May 15:25 bluejay-sd: Please mount Volume "Tape0001" on Storage
> Device "ULTRIUM-3" (/dev/tape) for Job bluejay.2008-05-14_15.25.52
>
> I'm running CentOS 5.1 with the Bacula version available from EPEL
> (2.0.3). Thus far, I'm only trying to backup the machine the PV-124T
> is attached to.

Well, you probably should plan an upgrade before going into production...

Regarding your problem, it is well possible that Bacula doesn't know
the contents of the autochanger yet. Check with the query to show
which tapes are loaded (I don't know the number of that query in the
distribution :-) and / or issue the 'update slots [scan]' command to
get the inventory of the autochanger into the catalog.

Arno

> Bacula is a fantastic piece of software (my test backups to files went
> flawlessly). I've searched the list archives looking for clues to a
> solution, but I can't find anything that seems to apply.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Chip Warden

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann