Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with tape drive waiting for tape in another drive

2008-05-15 04:05:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with tape drive waiting for tape in another drive
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:04:29 +0200
Hi,

I guess this should go to the list...

15.05.2008 03:45, Gustavo Fukao wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 14.05.2008 20:53, Gustavo Fukao wrote:
>>> I have a problem when the tape drive waiting for tape in another drive.
>>> Is this a configuration problem or bacula bug ?
>> It's unlikely that it's a configuration problem. However, to determine
>> if this is a know (and perhaps even already fixed) issue it's
>> important to know which version of Bacula you're running.
>>
>> Arno
>>
>> --
>> Arno Lehmann
>> IT-Service Lehmann
>> www.its-lehmann.de
>>

> I' m using the version 2.28, since 2.2.3 I got this problem.

Good... then I recommend you try the latest beta version (beware -
that is beta for good reasons, i.e. it might be unreliable in other
places) and report if this issue is fixed. The tape and device
reservation and assignment for jobs has been reworked in that version
a lot.

Please report your results to the -users list, or have a look at bug
1083 at bugs.bacula.org to see if you can contribute more informtion
in case the beta version does not fix the issue.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann