Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Errors while try to install Bacula

2008-05-14 09:48:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Errors while try to install Bacula
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Reynier Perez Mira" <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:47:54 -0400
>  > Well, technically John is correct of course, but I suppose what
>  > Reynier encountered is a packaging problem.
>  I didn't receive the John mail for that reason I don't reply to him. However
> in previous versions when I install from repository the package create the
> bacula-dir.conf. Now following you and John, what you suggest me compile and
> install from source?

No that was not what I was getting at. As Arno pointed out Ubuntu
should have provided an example bacula-dir.conf and there was
something wrong with the install of the example. This example is just
a basic file for you to edit to your needs. Do you have any
bacula-dir.conf file from a previous version of bacula? Or you can
take the example bacula-dir.conf file from the manual.  You can find
that here:

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0014200000000000000000

After you get this basic bacula-dir.conf file it is up to the user to
configure it for your system.

John