BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4.1.1-Problem restoring backups

2017-04-27 04:57:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4.1.1-Problem restoring backups
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT molnix DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:56:39 +0300
Hi Ib,

Another approach that I came to think of is to try to emulate the
environment of your previous working setup. Ie. install BackupPC 3 using
the same OS that you had before. VMs or containers are a good way to do
this.

> I wonder how do these programs find the backups - for tarCreate for
> instance you nowhere give a path to the backups - so how does this work?

All of that comes from config.pl, under /etc/backuppc or /etc/BackupPC.
The upgrade process also does some mangling of that file, so not
everything used as such from a V3 install.

Best regards,
Johan