BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Only Incremental Backups

2014-04-24 13:21:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Only Incremental Backups
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:20:18 -0500
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Guilherme Cunha
<guilherme AT dataextreme.com DOT br> wrote:
> Bowie,
>
> Thanks for answering!
>
> I have one full backup of my client but the internet is very slow ... and is
> taking too long to finish the backup.
>
> I need to have one complete backup and others partials, how can i do that?!
>
> My problem is that: i do that by the internet, it is 20GB of data and my
> client have a link with 512k upload and here i have 10MB of download.
>
> The method used is rsyncd.

Rsync or rsyncd will only transfer the differences anyway, even though
it makes it look like a full copy on the backuppc server.   If you run
rsync (over ssh) instead of rsyncd,  it might help to add the -C
option to ssh for compression.    If you haven't gotten the initial
full to complete, perhaps you can move the client or server to the
other network - or put a copy on a portable disk and work out a way to
make backuppc put it in the right place.