BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc failing on backup "Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)"

2014-04-06 21:34:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc failing on backup "Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)"
From: westoztux <westoztux AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 09:31:44 +0800
Hello All
I have a 5 servers backing up happily with backuppc which runs debian 6
the other servers that have been running correctly for months are a mix
of centos6 and debian 6 all servers run ssh on the same non-standard
port and i have public key authentication setup on all servers. i have
tried to add another server which is a debian 7 box and I can not get
this server to backup it fails when trying to connect with this error on
the client  sshd[8911]: Connection closed by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [preauth] .
If I try to manually connect with ssh -l backuppc xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx whoami
it logs in and returns the backuppc user which i can see in the auth.log
on the client. As on all servers I use backuppc as the user and add them
to sudoers to be able to run rsync .  I have been able to fix setup
issues on the previous boxes by searching mainly these mailing lists but
over the last couple weeks I have been unable to find the information I
need . Im not sure if I missing something simple or there is something
else going on if others can give me some ideas of what I need to check
next to try and correct this issue it would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Regards
Darren