BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Modify debian-init to add insserv

2013-06-01 17:27:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Modify debian-init to add insserv
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 16:26:32 -0500
> Hi I am installing the last version of Backuppc 3.3.0 and see that
> debian-init script don't has the LBS tags.
>
> can anybody add to the file? for the next release?
>
> ### BEGIN INIT INFO
> # Provides: backuppc
> # Required-Start: $syslog $network $remote_fs
> # Required-Stop: $syslog $network $remote_fs
> # Should-Start: $local_fs
> # Should-Stop: $local_fs
> # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
> # Default-Stop: 0 1 6
> # Short-Description: Launch backuppc server
> # enterprise-grade system for backing up PCs.
> ### END INIT INFO
>
> I donwload this form the debian package administrator, and I think that
> can be very insteresing to install becasue in the new versions of debian
> is LBS based..
>
> Regards!

You're likely to get better results if you:

a) Do not reply to a random message in a thread, because many mail clients
will still present your message in the original thread, despite you
replacing the subject and body.

b) Send your question to the Debian package maintainer, rather than an
upstream list.  Sure, it's possible the maintainer of the Debian package
reads this list, or somebody else who happens to be into Debian, but
nobody can actually do anything about it except the package maintainer

c) By "LBS Tags" I'm going to assume you mean "LSB Fields"

d) You can, of course, do it yourself:  http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts