BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Running commands from the command line

2013-03-20 13:45:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Running commands from the command line
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Zach La Celle <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:44:18 +0100
Hi,

Zach La Celle wrote on 2013-03-20 09:53:04 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Running
commands from the command line]:
> I'm trying to manually run commands like BackupPC_nightly and a custom
> BackupPC_deleteFiles.pl script from the command line.  The reason is
> that I accidentally backed up a large amount of data that should not be
> backed up.
>
> When I try to run these commands, I get the error "No language setting"
> inside of the BackupPC/Lib.pm perl module.

you're lucky there, because you *never run BackupPC_nightly from the command
line*. Instead, let the server run it when appropriate, taking into account
running instances of BackupPC_link (in particular, not starting new ones while
BackupPC_nightly is running):

        % BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run

Remember to run that *as the backuppc user*. Depending on how your system is
set up, you might have to use something like 'su -s /bin/bash - backuppc'. The
same is true of any command that uses Lib.pm, but there should be an error
message to that effect ...

Regards,
Holger