BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals

2011-10-18 15:34:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:25:16 -0400
jcoxen <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote on 10/18/2011 12:33:14 PM:

> OK, so if my WakeupSchedule is set as follows:
>
>       $Conf{WakeupSchedule} = [1,2,3,4,19,20,21,22,23];

Don't do that.  It's a bad idea to change the Wakeup Schedule, and it's a *very* good idea to have the first WakeupSchedule entry be *outside* of your backup window.  (I suggest 10 A.M., but it doesn't matter as long as it's some time when the backups will not be running.)  The nightly jobs run then, and you *really* don't want them interfering with your backups-- or vice versa.

You make sure that your backup server does not run backups when you don't want it to with blackout periods, which you're doing.  Messing with the Wakeup Schedule will have unintended consequences, and won't help you if you properly configure your blackout periods, anwyay!  :)

> I appreciate the help.

No problem.  You're questions have been specific and you have obviously put some effort into answering them yourself first.  It's nice to have questions like that for a change!  (Right, Holger?  ;) )

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com