BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals

2011-10-18 11:00:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals
From: jcoxen <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:57:03 -0700
I need to schedule backups for several servers to run after hours on Monday and
Thursday only.  I want only Full backups, no incrementals.  I do not want any
backups on any other days.  Will the following work?

$Conf{FullPeriod} = '0.97';
$Conf{IncrPeriod} = '10.97';

$Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
    {
        'hourBegin' => 5,
        'hourEnd'   => 19,
        'weekDays'  => [1,4],
    },
    {
        'hourBegin' => 0,
        'hourEnd'   => 24.0,
        'weekDays'  => [0,2,3,5,6],
    },
];

I'm specifically worried about a backup sneaking in at 24.0 during one of the
blacked out days.  As an alternative, is it absolutely required to put in
hourBegin and hourEnd parameters?  In other words, if I describe a blackout
period as

    {
        'weekDays'  => [0,2,3,5,6],
    },

will that work?

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John