BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals

2011-10-18 11:41:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Twice weekly Full backup w/ 0 incrementals
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:33:10 -0400
jcoxen <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote on 10/18/2011 10:57:03 AM:

> I need to schedule backups for several servers to run after hours on
> Monday and Thursday only.  I want only Full backups, no
> incrementals.  I do not want any backups on any other days.  Will
> the following work?
>         'hourBegin' => 0,
>         'hourEnd'   => 24.0,

Set it to 0 and 23.5.  Backups only get started on the hour (see the wakeup period parameter).  0 -> 23.5 will cover the entire timeperiod.  See the help surrounding hourBegin and hourEnd for more details.

> I'm specifically worried about a backup sneaking in at 24.0 during
> one of the blacked out days.  As an alternative, is it absolutely
> required to put in hourBegin and hourEnd parameters?  In other
> words, if I describe a blackout period as
>
>     {
>         'weekDays'  => [0,2,3,5,6],
>     },
>
> will that work?

Dunno.  But I wouldn't do that.  There's no reason to.  If you read the help for hourBegin and hourEnd, you will see that it's not necessary.  Just cover the hourly marks and you'll be fine.

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com