BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Re-read hostname config after DumpPreUserCmd

2011-04-15 04:59:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Re-read hostname config after DumpPreUserCmd
From: Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:57:27 +0200
Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago napsal(a):
> Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com> wrote [10:42am +0200]
>
> Interesting approach. But I guess this only works on physical machines.
> AFAIK, virtual machines doesn't have "Wakeup On LAN" feature.

That is true, but instead of WOLing you can start the required virtual
machine. In principle it is the same - check by pinging if the machine
is running, if not try to start it up (in my case WOL, in your case
something else), wait a bit, ping again to check if the startup
succeeded, return the ping result as a result of the whole "superping"
script.

Pavel.