BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Huge remote directory (20GB): how will it be transferred?

2010-11-09 10:12:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Huge remote directory (20GB): how will it be transferred?
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:10:20 +0100
Hello Les.

> An rsync full should be marked as a 'partial' with the
> completed portion merged into the previous full as the
> comparison base when it restarts.  I think an incomplete
> incremental is discarded.  I'd bump up the timeout and add a -C
> (compress) option to your ssh command if you haven't already,
> and if it is trying an incremental, force a full run at the
> first opportunity.

This is my actual status of this host's backups:
474     full    yes     0       10/14 21:04     885.3   25.8
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/polti/474
475     incr    no      1       10/17 21:00     1115.6  22.8
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/polti/475
476     incr    no      1       10/19 21:00     534.6   20.8
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/polti/476
477     partial         yes     0       10/29 21:00     2504.5  10.8
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/polti/477

Yesterday I manually run an incremental backup, which now stopped with
"backup failed (aborted by signal=ALRM)".

My SSH is configured as follows:

/var/lib/backuppc/tunnel.sh -fC administrator AT remotehost DOT com -L
8875:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 20

Where tunnel.sh is:

ssh $@ 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null && echo "SSH started successfully."

So I have to force a full, now?