BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool

2010-11-04 04:44:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:39:14 +0100
also sprach Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> [2010.11.03.2156 +0100]:
> Yes, anything that is not linked by a current backup will be removed in
> the nightly runs.

I might thus want to disable that cronjob for now.

> The more subtle problem is that the corruption may
> have overwritten the contents of existing files - but I'm pretty sure
> that a full run will detect any content differences and fix things up.
> There would be a chance that it would miss something if blocks in the
> middle of a file changed and you are using the --checksum-seed option
> with rsync, though.  In that case it would use the cached checksums
> appended to the files instead of verifying all the way through.

RsyncCsumCacheVerifyProb can help here too. I might just set it to
1.0

kermit: why are there so many songs about rainbows?
fozzy: that's part of what rainbows do.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net