BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool

2010-11-03 15:30:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: backuppc users list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 20:26:32 +0100
also sprach Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
[2010.11.03.2020 +0100]:
> Run full backups on all hosts, then BackupPC_nightly?

also sprach Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> [2010.11.03.2022 +0100]:
> I'd run new full backups as soon as practical. That will at least
> fix up anything missing in the latest run which is usually the
> most important.

Yeah, that's surely a good idea. I was wondering mostly about
cleanup actually.

I assume BackupPC_nightly removes everything from the pool with
a link count == 1. Hence, the worst that could happen is that all
previous backups would be rendered invalid, no?

Thanks guys,

"they that can give up essential liberty
 to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                                  -- benjamin franklin

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net