BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool

2010-11-03 15:24:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 14:22:47 -0500
On 11/3/2010 1:16 PM, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My filesystem holding the backuppc pool was corrupted. While e2fsck
> managed to fix it all and now doesn't complain anymore, I am a bit
> scared that the backuppc pool isn't consistent anymore.
>
> Is there a tool to check the consistency of the pool?

The part that is important are the hardlinks from the files in the
backup directories under pc to the correct contents, and there is
probably no way to check or fix them.  There would be some chance that
the corruption overwrote some content or fsck removed some if you had
inodes claiming the same space.

> Is there a tool to repair an inconsistent pool?

I'd run new full backups as soon as practical. That will at least fix up
anything missing in the latest run which is usually the most important.