BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] more efficient: dump archives over the internet or copy the whole pool?

2010-11-03 08:37:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] more efficient: dump archives over the internet or copy the whole pool?
From: Frank J. Gómez <frank AT crop-circle DOT net>
To: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:34:20 -0400
Craig,

I started deconstructing my script last night before leaving work to see if the tar corruption was somehow my own fault.  I got most of the way through without encountering problems, so I'm beginning to think I botched the redirection somewhere along the way.  I'm out of the office today but will be back hacking the same script on Thursday.  For now let's assume the tar corruption is my fault unless you hear otherwise.

Thanks for following up,
-Frank

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
Frank,

> Anyway, I thought I had it all figured out, but when I decrypt, gunzip, and untar the resulting file, I get some "tar: Skipping to next header" messages in the output, and, although I do get some files out of the archive, eventually tar just hangs.

Does the original tar archive (prior to gzip and encrypt) work correctly?

Craig