BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_compressPool removed?

2010-10-17 12:52:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_compressPool removed?
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Tod Detre <tod.detre AT maine DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 09:50:05 -0700
Tod writes:

> What was the reason the old script was removed?

It's relatively complex and I haven't invested the effort to
create a test harness for it.  Plus I don't plan to support
it for 4.x.

> Could I download an old version of backuppc and use the old script
> on the newer pool?

Yes, that should work, subject to the (small) risk that it hasn't
been recently well tested.  Just copy the script, manually update
the "use lib" path, and run it.

Craig