BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] The "total" field in the backups file.

2010-10-05 14:38:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] The "total" field in the backups file.
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:36:08 -0700
I couldn't find anything on the wiki describing the fields of that
file, so:

If I want to know the total on-disk space used by a particular host,
do I want to add up the "total" column in the backups file (i.e.
field 6, counting from 1) or the "total" column minus the "existing"
column (column 8), or something else?

Both ways seem to give me incorrect results, frankly, but with
300GiB unaccounted for I suppose that's to be expected.

Thanks.

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.