BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc - archive without using tar

2010-06-01 11:35:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc - archive without using tar
From: Paso <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:40:44 -0400
Hi there,

actually I use Backuppc to backup several Windows- and Linux-Hosts on my local
network which works quite well. Now I'm planning to store snapshots of several
hosts data outside my house for security reasons.
That means: I'd like to copy the recent data-snapshot of a backuppc-host to
external harddisks (using them like 'removable media').
The archive-mode of Backuppc works with tar-files but I rather want to save the
original files without taring them first in order to keep random access to each
file on the external disk.

Has anybody an idea how to manage this with backuppc?

Thanks for a quick reply.

Greetings,
Paso