BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore via rsync gets stuck

2010-04-22 12:13:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore via rsync gets stuck
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:11:43 -0500
On 4/22/2010 9:37 AM, Tim Connors wrote:

> I've seen this problem too, and it's not filesystem issues.
>
> It's either rsync or the perl library (and I very strongly suspect the
> latter) that is deadlocking.  Trace it with strace - it's always the same
> place (er, sorry, can't remember offhand!).  I'm restoring with rsync
> version 3.0.6 and 3.0.7.

What OS/version and are the perl modules all from the base distribution
or do you have CPAN or 3rd party packages installed?  I haven't seen
this problem in backuppc myself, but I have run across some problems
with Compress::Zlib in a different program that some postings indicated
were caused by a wrong version of Scalar::Util on the sytem.