BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-04-15 11:03:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:01:17 -0500
On 4/15/2010 8:07 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

If you are using rsyncd, ssh is not involved at all.

> * Installed the DeltaCopy (DC) rsyncd-service.
>
> * Have a shared folder on the Win-machine.
>
> * On BPC I added the Win-machine as any other backup-client, but chose
> "rsyncd" for $XferMethod.
>
> * Set $RsyncShareName in BPC as "Users".
>
> * Set a virtual directory in DeltaCopy called "Users" pointing to the local
> folder E:\users on the Win-machine. Do not add a Comment for this virtual
> directory in DC! It will confuse BPC. Do not check Authentication.
>
> * Back in BPC again, unchecked the $RsyncdUserName and $RsyncdPasswd.
>
> * I unchecked the $RsyncdAuthRequired checkbox. I couldn't make it work with
> it requiring authentication.

This should just be a matter of checking the 'use authentication' box in
the deltacopy virtual directory configuration and adding a user name
and password, then using the same thing from backuppc.

You should be able to test access with a command line like
rsync user@host::modulename